Frequently Asked Questions
1. How early should I arrive prior to train departure?
Please arrive ½ hour before departure time.
2. Where are the train stations located?
- Alliance Train loading site is located on the corner of Railway Avenue and 2nd Street on the south end of Main Street in the Village of Alliance, AB- The Former Section House.
- Forestburg The train station is located at 5009-50th Avenue in the Village of Forestburg, AB.
- Kelsey Train loading site is located on the corner of RGE RD 183 & Railway Ave in Hamlet of Kelsey, AB. Please meet in the Kelsey Community Hall for passenger registration.
3. Bathrooms Do all the train loading sites have access to washroom facilities?
- Yes, each of following train loading sites have access to washroom facilities.
- Alliance Port-a-potty will be located at the train loading site until our permanent toilet facility is completed.
- Forestburg There are bathroom facilities located inside the Forestburg Train Station.
- Kelsey There are bathroom facilities located inside the Kelsey Community Hall. Are there washrooms on the train? Yes, our train is equipped with one bathroom facility.
4. Wheelchair, stroller, walker accessible?
All passengers need to be ambulatory. Walking and climbing a few stairs is required to board the train. We can store strollers, walkers or wheelchairs in another train car if required.
5. Local accommodations/campgrounds.
Please click the link below for Flagstaff Regions campgrounds and parks.
Please click the link below for Flagstaff Regions accommodations.
- Alliance Parking is available along Railway Avenue on the south side of Alliance
- Forestburg Parking is available in front of the Station on either side of the street.
- Kelsey Parking is available about one (1) block from the train loading site cross from the Kelsey Community Hall.
7. Food Restrictions
We can accommodate food restrictions if notified at least two (2) weeks prior your excursion. Please state your restrictions when ordering tickets.